I think I first heard of Transparent Labs a few years ago when I was looking for a mass gainer at my local supplement store. The person working there was pretty hyped about the brand, so I bought the mass gainer. I don’t really remember if I liked it or not.
Anyway, about a year or so ago by girlfriend wanted to buy some pre workout. She ended up ordering Transparent Labs LEAN and BULK to try them both out. Of course I also had to try them. She ordered the Sour Grape flavor (which I have to say tasted pretty bad). But overall I liked the feeling of Transparent Labs LEAN.
Right now I’m working my way through a bottle of Transparent Labs LEAN in the orange flavor, and it tastes much better.
I figured if I’m going to be using this product a few times a week I might as well share my experiences with other people
Benefits of Transparent Labs LEAN
Transparent Labs can be a helpful aid to anyone looking to get everything they can out of their training sessions while in a caloric deficit.
- A Pre Workout Designed for Cutting – This pre workout is great for anyone looking to shed some unwanted fat and lean down.
- Clinically-Effective Dosed Ingredients – Transparent Labs does a good job with LEAN and its other pre-workouts of delivering the effective ingredients in clinically-effective doses.
- Increased Power Output – The inclusion of stimulants like caffeine and dicaffeine malate and blood flow ingredients like beta alanine helps improve power output while training. This makes LEAN a good option for people looking to boost their heavy weight lifting results, as well as those focusing more on endurance or hypertrophy.
- Improved Ingredient Absorption & Digestion – Something that sets this pre workout apart is the inclusion of ingredients like black pepper extract which can help your body absorb the other ingredients in the pre workout.
My Results with Transparent Labs LEAN
I spent the end of 2021 into the beginning of 2022 trying to recomp my body. I focused on maintaining a slight caloric deficit and hitting my daily protein goal over a period of about 6 months. I was lifting HEAVY three times per week (on Kinobody’s Movie Star program).
I was surprised at how well both the program and my supplement regimen worked. I started at about 190 pounds and probably around 11 or 12 percent body fat. Over the course of six months I got down to 172 pounds and about 8 percent body fat.
During this time I also switched from Transparent Labs’ BULK pre workout to their LEAN pre workout. I figured if my goal was to lose as much fat as possible, I should give LEAN a try for its fat burning and cutting benefits.
I felt like I was able to make consistent strength gains over the course of my cut, despite being in a caloric deficit. LEAN helped me feel mentally sharp and full of energy for every training session.
LEAN Pre Workout – Before and After
So I definitely was able to reach my goals while training hard, dialing in my diet, and taking LEAN pre workout. I do understand that the first two probably played the biggest role in helping me meet my goals, but LEAN also helped fire me up for my workouts to push harder in the gym.
If you’re cutting and looking for a good pre workout, give LEAN a try. You won’t be disappointed.
Transparent Labs LEAN Ingredients
Here is a look at the ingredients label for Transparent Labs LEAN. It’s promising that there aren’t any proprietary blends included in this supplement. It means that everything in the product is listed directly on the label.
- Iodine (as Iodine Chelate) – Iodine plays an essential role in proper thyroid function. Your thyroid needs iodine to produce hormones essential for metabolism. This is why Transparent Labs includes Iodine in LEAN. If you’re deficient in Iodine, you could suffer from hypothyroidism, which can lead to low energy levels and joint pain.
- Zinc (as Zinc AAC) – Zinc is an essential trace element commonly found in foods like red meat, poultry and fish. It is necessary in small amounts for human health, growth and sense of taste. Zinc’s main benefit is regulating immune function, wound healing, blood clotting, and thyroid function.
- Selenium (as L-Selenomethionine) – Selenium is an antioxidant, which works by neutralizing excess free radicals and protecting cells from damage caused by oxidative stress. Supplementing with Selenium may also help improve cognitive function. Like the iodine and zinc, Selenium also helps promote healthy thyroid function.
- Copper (as Copper AAC) – Copper is an essential trace mineral that your body needs for survival. It is found in all body tissues and aids in red blood cell production. Additionally, healthy copper levels helps maintain healthy nervous system and immune system function. Copper helps the body form collagen and absorb iron, which can help maintain healthy energy levels.
- Chromium (as Chromium Picolinate) – Chromium is an essential trace mineral that can improve insulin sensitivity and metabolism of protein, carbohydrates, and lipids.
- Citrulline Malate 2:1 – Citrulline is a proven vasodilator, which can help delay the onset of fatigue by improving blood flow.
- BCAA 2:1:1 (Instantized) – Supplementing with BCAAs to maintain healthy levels has a number of benefits. These amino acids can help increase lean muscle mass, improve muscle recovery, reduce fatigue, and enhance healthy liver function.
- Beta-Alanine – This ingredient helps delay muscle fatigue, and can help improve strength. Beta-Alanine‘s ability to improve athletic performance by reducing fatigue and increasing endurance make it the second most important ingredient in many pre workouts to caffeine. Beta alanine is the ingredient in pre workout that is associated with the pre workout itch or tingling.
- BetaPure Betaine Anhydrous – Betaine — also called betaine anhydrous, or trimethylglycine (TMG) — is a substance that’s made in the body. It’s involved in liver function, cellular reproduction, and helping make carnitine. It also helps the body metabolize an amino acid called homocysteine.
- Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl – This ingredient helps increase metabolic activity to increase fat burning during your training. Carnitine plays a critical role in energy production. It transports long-chain fatty acids into the mitochondria so they can be oxidized to produce energy. It also transports the toxic compounds generated out of this cellular organelle to prevent their accumulation.
- Choline Bitartrate – Choline bitartrate and other choline supplements are claimed to enhance athletic performance, reduce cholesterol levels, protect the liver from alcohol-related damage, lower blood pressure, control mood swings, improve memory and treat Alzheimer’s disease.
- L-Theanine – This nootropic ingredient can improve reaction time, focus, and memory while reducing stress. L-theanine is also useful for minimizing some of the negative side effects of caffeine and other stimulants found in pre workout.
- Caffeine Anhydrous – Caffeine does most of the heavy lifting in LEAN and most other pre workouts. Caffeine helps excite your central nervous system to increase energy levels, endurance, and focus during training.
- Theobromine – Theobromine has a number of benefits including: reduced inflammation, healthy respiratory health, mood improvements, dental health, improved cognitive function, and increased energy levels.
- Infinergy (Dicaffeine Malate) – Dicaffeine malate is another form of caffeine that has stimulant effects on the nervous system. The inclusion of magic acid in this form of caffeine can help minimize the digestive distress often associated with caffeine. This form of caffeine is also useful for delivering sustained energy without a harsh crash.
- BioPerine (Black Pepper Extract) – This ingredient is commonly included in many supplements because it may be able to help your body absorb the ingredients in this pre workout.
Pros and Cons of Transparent Labs LEAN Pre Workout
- No Proprietary Blends
- Low Carb (1g per serving)
- Naturally Sweetened with Stevia
- No Sugar or Artificial Sweeteners
- More Expensive than Many Competitors
- 180 mg of Caffeine Could Be Too Low for Some Users
- Not All Ingredients are Backed by Science
- $1.65 Per Serving is Pricey
Is Transparent Labs LEAN Third Party Tested?
Yes. Transparent Labs offers Certificates of Analysis for each of its supplements. These third-party tests check for banned substances, heavy metal, and other toxic materials.
Does LEAN Contain Artificial Sweeteners or Coloring?
Transparent Labs LEAN does not contain any artificial colors. It is naturally sweetened with Stevia. This makes LEAN a good choice for people wanting to avoid processed sugar or artificial sweeteners.
How Do You Take Transparent Labs LEAN?
These are the instructions that Transparent Labs provides:
“In terms of timing, we recommend taking PreSeries BULK 20-30 minutes prior to your workout. In terms of how much water to drink with PreSeries BULK, we recommend mixing 8-12 fl. oz of water with 1/2 scoop (to assess tolerance) and mixing 16-24 fl. oz of water with 1 full scoop.”
What Flavors Are Available?
Transparent Labs LEAN is available in the following flavors:
- Fruit Punch
- Blue Raspberry
- Green Apple
- Cherry Limeade
- Sour Grade
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Tropical Punch
- Sour Peach
All of these flavors are currently available on Transparent Lab’s website.
Is LEAN Pre Workout Worth It? – The Final Word
If you’re looking for a clean, high-quality pre workout then I would 100% recommend Transparent Labs LEAN. The higher price tag than some of its competitors may be a drawback for some, but I believe that it helps Transparent Labs deliver a better product.
Transparent Labs LEAN delivers on its marketing claims and is worth the higher price in my opinion.
How to Buy Transparent Labs LEAN
Transparent Labs LEAN and other products are widely available. You can find Transparent Labs supplements at your local supplement store, online at TransparentLabs.com, or on Amazon.